XEBEC Brush has high grinding power on the tip, thus the tip of the brush must pass through the part to be processed. When processing a crosshole, it is necessary to rotate the brush at high rotation speed and expand it by centrifugal force.
The target hole diameter is between φ3.5mm and φ20mm.
If you use the tool beyond the maximum rotation speed or outside the cylinder (outside the workpiece), it may result in brush breakage.
The tool can be mounted on an equipment which can control rotation speed. The tool must be rotated over 8000min-1.
The tool can be used on machining centers, combined lathes, robots, and special machines.
It cannot be used with a pneumatic tool.
How to use
1. Insert the brush while not in motion.
*If you rotate the brush outside the cylinder, the bristles may be damaged or scattered and may cause injury to the operator.
2. Rotate the tool past the cross-hole
*Consistent edge quality can be obtained by rotating the tool in both CW and CCW direction.
3. Process while pulling the brush back.
*Pulling the brush back past the crossholes prevents burrs from being laid flat against the interior surface of the cylinder.
4. Process while pushing the brush forward.
*Pushing the brush forward ensures that burrs remaining upward are removed.
5. Stop the brush rotation.
6. Remove the brush while it is at rest.
Precaution for usage
- Processing beyond the maximum rotation speed may cause brush damage.
- Process outside the cylinder (outside workpiece) may cause brush damage.
- This tool is not suitable for off-center hole or oblique hole.
- In the following cases, it may cause brush damage.
If the diameter of the cross hole is equal to or greater than the diameter of the main bore.
(For example, if the main bore is φ10 mm and the cross hole is φ10 mm or larger.)
If the diameter of the cross hole is more than 70％ of the diameter of the main bore.
(For example, if the main bore is φ10 mm and the cross hole is φ7 mm or larger.)